How do I clean a window that has solar film or tint on it?
Very good question.
1. First and very important avoid ammoniated cleaning product or solution with ammonia added. The ammonia can penetrate the film and degrade the bond that the film has to the glass. Also it may degrade the film itself.
2. Also avoid using any sharp instrument such as a razor or a scraper; unless you are intending to remove the film.
3. The use of a mild neutral pH solution.
4. The tools you choose are also important. Use lint free cloths, or a soft squeegee rubber.
5. Avoid putting tape or adhesive stickers or signs on film. It is nearly impossible to remove these items without doing damage to the film.
6. If you wish to put stickers or signs on film use the static cling type. It leaves no or little residue and is usually easy to remove.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance